I've been fighting a chest/throat bug since Saturday, and after working two days that I should have called in sick for I am taking today as a sick day. My regimen for getting better includes lots of fluids and some couch time watching movies.
If you're stuck inside over the course of the next few days and are looking for some solid movies to pull you out of your cabin fever funk, check theses little gems out.
5) Spider: Ralph Fiennes stars in this 2002 David Cronenberg film in which a mentally ill man struggles to cope with early family dysfunction from his past.
4) Cube: Seven strangers must navigate a giant, elaborate maze of traps while working together to overcome their own shortfalls in this 1997 film. Some standout performances elevate this film above your typical independent fare.
3) Cabin in the Woods: Drew Goddard and Joss Whedon teamed up for this 2012 horror satire, that begins fairly derivative of many cabin-spoliation films, but eventually goes the full nine in haywire action. Horror and sci if films warrant themselves for the BluRay format, and Cabin in the Woods is a perfect example of this.
2) Bug: Lonely Ashley Judd shacks up with paranoid war veteran Michael Shannon, each eventually succumbing to the delusions of tiny insects invading their room. Shannon would eventually be nominated for an Academy Award for his role in Revolutionary Road, but Bug is easily a better performance.
1) The Shining: Stanley Kubricks's 1980 adaptation of the Stephen King novel is the ultimate cabin fever movie, mashing up elements of drama, suspense, horror and fantasy. Jack Nicholson provides one of the stellar performances of his career.